HOW TO APPLY
Please send your applications to email@example.com between April 1 to 15 2018. Only applications sent on these dates will be considered.
We will host 3 trainees for 4 weeks during the 2018 production season. These trainees will work with a team of 10 colleagues and will be accompanied by the director of vegetable production.
During your internship, you will be called upon to contribute to the accomplishment of a variety of tasks, including greenhouse and field work, vegetable washing and packing, marketing, product deliveries etc. .
The work will be demanding both physically and mentally. Although we will never push you beyond your limits, we expect full dedication from you. This position requires a full commitment, in order to ensure the smooth functioning of the company. For this reason, any external engagement, special needs or physical disabilities should be reported prior to your acceptance.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE :
- Seeks to advance his agricultural knowledge in order to start his own farming business;
- Capacity for physical work under variable weather conditions;
- Openness, willingness to live in cohabitation with colleagues
- Bilingual (French and English).
WHAT WE OFFER AS A TRAINING EXPERIENCE:
- The acquisition of plant production skills in a bio-intensive system;
- An overview of the challenges inherent in starting a diversified, small-scale organic farm;
- Experience in direct marketing and wholesale distribution;
- A good farmer's tan.
ADDITIONAL DETAILS ON THE INTERNSHIP:
This is an unpaid internship of 4 weeks, this is a full-time position (50 hours) with a 7:30 am to 5:30 pm schedule from Monday to Friday, including one hour for lunch. Room and board provided. The typical workweek is Monday to Friday, and one weekend day (in rotation with other team members).
ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD:
Shared accommodation will be provided to you in the village of Hemmingford. Transportation is the responsibility of the employee, however the distance is easily done by bike. You will have access to the excess vegetables from the farm and the kitchen will be stocked with essential foods (grains, legumes, pasta, oils, spices, etc). Any other purchase of food will be the responsibility of the employee.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your application to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, from April 1 to 15, 2018. Only applications sent on these dates will be considered.
Your application must include these 2 things, failing which it will not be accepted:
- A CV describing your professional experience in recent years, including references that we will contact
- A short letter expressing your motivation for the position and your short, medium and long term aspirations
Successful applicants will be invited to work a few days at the farm in the fall to meet with the current team. If you are unable to come to the farm, your application will automatically be refused.